The Number Of Awesome People in This World

Monday 16 May 2011

The Child In The Middle

From the title, you most likely won't be able to guess my topic. But yeah, i'm gonna be talking about the big D-word. DIVORCE.


My parents are coming very close to a divorce and my little brother and I are basically caught in the middle.   Many kids might say that a divorce is the most awful thing to ever happen. But for me, i feel differently. My parents are constantly fighting. And I know very well that a divorce will stop all this arguments.  So I wonder to myself all the time. 'Does this make me a bad daughter? A bad person?'. I know the truth is that ITS NORMAL. Yeah, I may have a hard time believing it but its true. Many kids feel like that. Especially teens. I saw this article on a website and I just wanted to quote this part:

Many kids don't want their parents to divorce. Some kids have mixed feelings about it, especially if they know their parents weren't happy together. Some kids may even feel relieved when parents divorce, especially if there's been a lot of fighting between parents during the marriage.
If you are a teenager, you would most likely have taken a side. Weather you wanted to or not, you would always have that parent that you felt was right more often than wrong. For me, that person is my very best friend in the world. MY DAD!
But this means that I often find myself wondering what it would be like when my dad had gotten his new house and what if the courts gave him full custody of me! And i get to live with him! ALWAYS! I never have to see my mom again. 
By now you must be thinking that i'm an awful person for trying to cut my mom out of my life. But the thing is, she has always been trying to pull me towards her side. And she is constantly putting down my dad and criticizing me when i spend time with him and laugh and have fun with him. That's awful for me. Plus, she has serious temper issues.
Basically, i'm desperately wanting them to get a divorce. Because I know that the sand can only begin to settle once the storm is over.


No comments:

Post a Comment